Today, businesses have to have a good online presence to stay relevant in their industry. That’s because their competition isn’t just local anymore. The digital age has opened up more markets to more companies than ever before. Companies are having to deal with competition on a local, regional and global level.
Law firms are no stranger to competition. They’re used to seeing their competitors in the Yellow Pages and other forms of print media. Now they also have to view for people’s attention online. That’s where having a good search engine optimization (SEO) strategy comes in.
Search engine optimization is the practice of using targeted keywords to help your company appear more prominently in searches on popular web search engines. It’s a low cost and effective way of helping your business stand out above the rest. It’s also a great way to drive more new potential customers to your website.
There has been a lot of online research devoted to this topic. You can read www.propersource.com more at and others. Take some time to review success stories and customer testimonials. You can also read articles about social media marketing and other relevant topics.
Here are a few reasons why law firms pivot their marketing strategies in order to focus on SEO targeting local clients:
- To build meaningful client relationships. Good customer relationships are vital to any business. For law firms, each attorney needs to have a good rapport with each of their clients. They know that each one’s needs are unique and they need to have a lawyer that they can trust to help with their situation. Using local targeted search engine optimization can help attorneys retain clients, and build and grow that trust with each client that they meet with. It gives a personal touch to the firm’s services and is something unique that other firms can’t match.
- It helps people understand legal terminology. Legal jargon in prevalent in the law offices of course, but to most existing and new clients, it doesn’t mean a whole lot. It can be cumbersome and confusing to them. Having a good search engine optimization strategy can allow attorneys to use targeted words and phrases that appeal to their customers’ needs in a more effective manner. It helps them speak in a language that their clients will appreciate and understand.
- SEO helps lawyers find more clients. Another important benefit of search engine optimization is that it helps attorneys bring in more business. Using keywords that fit their specialties is a good way of attracting more customers. With enough time and practice, you’ll soon be creating appealing posts and using targeted keywords to attract the right kind of clientele you’ve been looking for.
- It’s a great way to educate the general public. Sometimes, people may not know that they need an attorney. They may have been injured in an accident or have a claim to money or property but may be unsure about what to do next. That’s where using targeted keywords can come into play. Using words and terms that are specific to the different areas of law that your firm practices can help people in those and other similar situations become more aware of what their legal rights are. It also can create interest enough for them to click through to your website to learn more, or they may decide to call or email one of your attorneys for additional answers and advice. Great ways to educate the public and possibly drum up an additional business that you probably weren’t even looking for.
- Results are trackable. One reason why many companies use SEO marketing is that they can track results. There are many ways to review the data to see if particular messages or ad campaigns are effective or if they could be reworded or revamped. There are metrics and reports that you can pull to determine each message’s effectiveness. You can also track emails and phone calls to determine how well people respond to your messages. Each time that you log in, you can use analytics to help evaluate your message effectiveness.
- To grab people’s attention. Using search engine and social media marketing are great ways to grab people’s attention. Incorporate visuals and videos to stand out above all the clutter. Encourage interaction whenever possible. When people feel involved, they’re more likely to want to know about who you are and what you have to offer. Interact with your fans and followers on a daily basis, and keep your SEO content fresh. People’s attention spans are short, and you need to keep them active and engaged to keep your business top of mind.
- It can help you stand out as a leader in your field. When people are looking for legal services, many of them turn to reviews. A good review can make all the difference between whether someone inquires about your services or moves on to someone else. Take the time to respond to all reviews, both positive and negative. The more positive reviews a lawyer has, the more reputable they are usually seen. Enough positive reviews and comments can make an attorney seem to be an expert in their areas of specialty.
These are just some of the many ways that law firms focus their marketing strategies on search engine optimization so that they can target local clients in their area. It takes a bit of skill and practice to become proficient, but the end results are very well worth it. Using keywords that emphasize your firm’s areas of practice and the geographic area in which you conduct business are necessary for having quality content and keywords that can effectively drive more business to your site.
Take some time to review your current online marketing efforts. Review your website and social media pages. Delete any old or outdated content and make sure that any links are working correctly. The last thing you want is to hear about broken links from your customers. Take the time to adjust and monitor your search engine optimization efforts on a regular basis. Consumers’ tastes and interest can change very rapidly, so that means that you’ll have to change along with them. Having a focused online marketing strategy is one of the best ways to help your attorneys’ client lists multiply year over year. This allows you to focus on running your business more efficiently and profitable way possible.